Saturday, July 24, 2010

Like A Virgin


Stand, in the middle of the day and look at your shadows. What do you see? The two dimensional you. All black and plain..this is so Wayang Kulit. You see, my second week is so Like A Virgin. Haha...I am now part of the outcast team members. We hang out every time food is the subject of matter. They said I'm dull and I have no life so they force me to try new things in my life...hahaha.....I have so many first times now because of them.


Blogging about the art of breaking the boundaries, UMK is quite a virgin when it comes to Club Activities etc. So with the help of a few friends, we managed to pull off a Debate & Public Speaking Workshop on last friday night (23rd July 2010). So, that's me in the picture briefing my colleagues about the debate starter kit.


These are the people who attended the showcase. We have more who came after 10.30 p.m. hehe...Last time, when I was in my Upper Secondary (specifically in MRSM Taiping) we had this English Motivational Committee (EMC). You see, the reason why I proposed the idea of having this club was due to the facts that I need a group of people to practice speaking English. The level will degrade if you don't practice and I was really hoping more people will join this club to improve themselves but UMK students were already in their comfort zone. They didn't bother about  this English thingy because they are busy Facebooking, Dating and do what ever they wanty and claimed that they are busy when they are just LAZY..hahah (that included me sumtime)..hahaha. During our debate demonstration my colleagues did very well. Thanks to William Ng, Yee Cang Ling, Martina, Kazimah, Marieanne and Speaker of the House (Faliza)..hahaha...
Next, I have this TKC Gurl (was a House Captain during her days in TKC) delivering her public speaking about soft skills. We had this session called the Open Sesame where each of our members will take turn to deliver a short 5 minutes speech before we begin with any activities. 

After the session me, Pa, Ma, her and another her hang out at Family Kopitiam till 2.30 a.m. hehe..but then I was pranged (btul ke word ni) haha... by Mr. Daniel and his friends (Kazimah, Jojie, Fallie and two other seniors). I thought the UMK staff was pissed off since I had the debate session or perhaps I did something wrong.. (gosh..there's just so many things that came across my mind at the moment)..

The whole second week, I was quite busy with so many things.Too many to do, and I have to keep reminding myself that I shouldn't neglect my studies. See you guys in my next post because I have something which I considered "useful" to share with. 

1 comment:

  1. like.. actually hope that there is some sort of EMC here too~ (=

    ReplyDelete

Click on This!