Saturday, November 27, 2010

S4x02: "Trick" or Treat?

Trick-or-treating is a customary practice for children on Halloween seen in many countries. Children in costumes, either in large groups or accompanied by an adult, travel from house to house in order to ask for treats such as candy (or, in some cultures, money) with the question "Trick or treat?". The "trick" is a (usually idle) threat to perform mischief on the homeowners or their property if no treat is given. -wikipedia-

 It happens every year in the west countries where people celebrate things that they fear most. You see, the beauty of tradition is that more or less the concept is almost the same around the world; if you notice. Here in Malaysia, when it's Hari Raya children will be knocking door-to-door receiving "duit raya" (well muslims are encouraged to share their wealth among each other via donations) its just that we don't have the "trick" thing being applied; you know, we don't perform mischief on the homeowners here in Malaysia. Back then when was in my primary years, I love the door-to-door adventure. Some people gave me 1 ringgit, a few gave me 2 ringgit and most people give me 20-50 cents..hahaha.

Okay back to the Halloween thingy, the thing which I fear the most is this....

 if they come in low quantity such 1 or 2 its fine...I love holding em..but if...they come in a large quantity
like this...

OMG! just get them away from me. Haha...Yes people, I am a FEATHER+PHOBIC=FEATHEROPHOBIC (im not sure whether this exist or not)

When I was small (around 6yrs old), I was warded because of a bird (a pigeon to be specific). I was on my way back home, climbing up the staircase when my friend tried to scare me with a pigeon. Guess what? It worked! The moment the pigeon opened up its wing, I got so scared so I ran, stepped onto a mini water pool (or loopholes or I have no idea what its called in English) tripped and my head hit the staircase edge. Six stitches all the way onto the cut. What a memory, until today when it comes to anything with feathers? (chicken, birds, peacock)...ok im out. They might Wow me with their beauty but I will never ever dream of being close to one. 


NEXT SUNDAY | S4-Episode 3

3 comments:

  1. it's pteronophobia for fear of feather.. am i in thailand?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha...thanx for that Frankie..haha, you're kinda in Thailand...haha

    ReplyDelete

Click on This!